Website Access Planning
Senior Associate / Associate – Transportation Planning and Policy or Infrastructure Focus
Are you a 4+ year (Associate) or 8+ year (Senior Associate) transportation planning and policy or infrastructure advisory professional wanting to put your stamp on transformational city building initiatives? Access is seeking seasoned professionals to join our team of advisors and planning practitioners. You will be trusted by public agencies to shape projects at the highest levels of impact and work collaboratively with clients, senior decision-makers, partners and colleagues. You will be an integral part of shaping and growing a highly respected, values-driven, consulting practice focused on better city life.
Access is looking for up to three individuals to join our team. These positions include:
- Senior Associate – Transportation Planning and Policy
- Senior Associate – Infrastructure
- Associate – Transportation Planning and Policy and/or Infrastructure
About Access Planning
We are a values-driven consulting firm skilled at solving complex urban problems. Always beginning with the end in mind, we develop strategic, innovative, and actionable approaches to building great cities. We help our clients pursue progressive approaches in the areas of regional policy and plan-making, transport infrastructure development, transit- oriented communities, and local development.
We are trusted by, and work collaboratively with transportation authorities, local and regional governments, First Nations, universities, airports and private companies in Canada, the United States, and abroad.
The Access team shares a common belief in what makes cities work: equity, access for all, economic and social vibrancy, and respect for the planet. Together, we seek out and take on work that will shape cities with these values in mind. Every project is an opportunity to knit together our combined expertise in strategic planning and policy, infrastructure development, engineering, design, public administration, governance and economics.
You are a confident transportation planning, public policy or infrastructure advisory professional drawing on your deep experience working in a public sector or consulting environment. You are passionate about progressing meaningful projects that shape the cities we live in, contributing to:
- strategic planning, policy development, multimodal service or network planning, or
- infrastructure planning and business casing, procurement and project delivery initiatives.
You are an experienced project manager and are ready to dig into some of the most complex transportation planning, policy, and infrastructure challenges in North America.
Senior Associates ( 8+ years of experience, 2 roles )
For Policy and Planning Senior Associate:
Bringing advanced knowledge of regional and local public transportation and multimodal transportation planning and analytical methods, including policy analysis and development, transportation business case analysis, and structured decision-making.
For Infrastructure Senior Associate:
Bringing advanced knowledge of complex public transportation infrastructure development and delivery, supported by robust procurement, commercial and business casing experience and project management skills.
Key Responsibilities Senior Associate
- Fully manage scope for medium-to-large transit and transportation governance, policy, infrastructure development and delivery, and planning projects, driving to outcomes within time and budget.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to take complex projects from problem definition and methodology development through to alternatives analysis and implementation planning.
- Develop and manage client and stakeholder relationship strategies and foster relationship trust, confidence and productivity in • support of project delivery.
- Develop engagement and structured decision-making approaches to support complex projects requiring collaboration • across public agencies.
- Develop detailed work plans for high-value, multi-year, complex work activities.
- Establish robust project management practices for your projects and be able to advise clients on best practices related to project and program management.
- Take the lead in preparing proposals for medium-large projects, working with other staff as needed.
- Work with senior managers to propose and implement successful solutions to any given problem on a project and/or within the company.
- Provide strategic advice to senior public agency staff on navigating complex public policy challenges and managing collaborative initiatives with stakeholders.
- Develop implementation, project governance and business process strategies for major projects from planning through design, delivery, and operations.
- For Infrastructure focus: develop commercial strategies, recommend procurement models, advise on project agreements, and monitor contracts in support of project development and delivery.
Associate ( 4+ years of experience, 1 role )
Key Responsibilities of Associate (4+ years)
- Contribute to managing scope for transit and transportation governance, policy, infrastructure development and delivery, and planning projects, driving to outcomes within time and budget.
- Support large, multidisciplinary teams to take complex projects from problem definition and methodology development through to alternatives analysis and implementation planning.
- Manage client and stakeholder relationship strategies and foster relationship trust, confidence, and productivity in support of project delivery.
- Execute engagement and structured decision-making approaches to support complex projects requiring collaboration across public agencies.
- Establish robust project management practices on each of your projects and be able to advise clients on best practices related to project and program management.
- Contributing to proposals for medium-large projects.
- Prepare project reports and presentations in a variety of formats and styles, for consumption by various audiences, including technical staff, executives, partner agencies, stakeholders, and the public.
- Contribute to detailed work pans for high-value, multi-year, complex work activities.
- Support the development of project governance, business process strategies, commercial strategies, procurement models, and implementation strategies for major capital and/or policy projects.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 4 years (Associate) or 8 years (Senior Associate) of direct public sector experience in transit and transportation planning and/or infrastructure project development (for Infrastructure Advisory position) either within a public agency or in a consulting role to public clients.
- Degree in planning, engineering, urban design, environmental management, public policy, public administration, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience working with diverse stakeholder groups to explore complex issues and solutions across a broad range of interests.
- Understanding of the city building context for transit, and the ability to integrate multiple complex policy areas to realize city building goals.
- Evidence of creative problem-solving capacity.
Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Exemplary time management, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills, with the ability to prioritize work and coordinate tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
Location & Compensation
- The positions are flexible to be based out of Vancouver, Toronto, or Montréal. We currently have a physical office in Toronto and Montréal and expect to have a workspace for our team in Vancouver soon.
- Periodic business travel may be required.
- We compensate competitively, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- We provide a comprehensive health benefits package; required professional fees reimbursement; flexible work arrangements; and opportunities for advancement and leadership.
- Access Planning commits to creating equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplaces that are respectful and barrier- free. Our work is strengthened by the diversity of our experiences and perspectives.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your interest, CV, and portfolio of work (as appropriate) to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org