Website Town of Ajax
Transportation Planning Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Planning, the Transportation Planning Coordinator is responsible for providing professional expertise in the transportation review of complex/controversial/politically sensitive subdivision/zoning/site plan applications and transportation related capital projects. This position is also responsible for the planning, assessment, design, implementation and project management of capital projects related to transportation facilities/infrastructure. The position coordinates and participates in the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of municipal traffic controls to facilitate the safe and efficient vehicular and pedestrian movement.
- Oversees the review and commentary on development applications (official plan amendments, plans of subdivision, zoning by-law amendments, and site plans) with respect to traffic impacts, traffic circulation, safety, parking, access management, transportation demand management and active transportation.
- Prepares and provides detailed transportation engineering comments on traffic management implementation plans and temporary traffic control plans.
- Plans, prioritizes, and prepares cost estimates for transportation infrastructure projects to meet infrastructure needs within the Town.
- Prepares and issues Terms of Reference and Requests for Proposals for design/construction in accordance with the Transportation Planning section and the Town’s purchasing policy requirements.
- Administers and manages the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Process for transportation planning projects.
- Prepares in-house detailed designs or reviews detailed designs prepared by the consultants to check the conformance with the Town/Region/Provincial design standards/guidelines and ensures timely completion of the project as scheduled.
- Assists with administering and managing traffic calming initiatives.
- Prepares in-house detail designs, specifications, and technical construction/tender drawings for the Town’s traffic calming projects.
- Prepares in-house contract documents for tender contract awards.
- Oversees the implementation of the Town’s Integrated Transportation Master Plan (ITMP).
- Responds to resident and Council inquiries related to school safety, speeding, traffic control and parking restriction.
- Relevant University or College Program in Engineering or Planning with a minimum of 5 years of progressive transportation experience or a combination of education and experience deemed equivalent.
- Holding, in good standing, applicable professional designations (P.Eng., RPP, C.E.T.).
Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Proven ability to prepare clear written reports and strong presentations to diverse audiences include the public and Council.
- Able to establish and maintain open lines of communications with various stakeholders (Town staff, Council, public, outside agencies and consultants).
- Excellent administrative skills with ability to plan, organize and coordinate various aspects of projects/studies.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s license.
- Able to provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to the Town, upon being hired.
Nice to Have:
- AutoCAD, Synchro, Sim Traffic, ARCADY, GIS, AMANDA experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in the broader public sector is considered an asset.
What is offered to staff:
- Rate of Pay: $45.84 – $48.51 per hour
- Hours of Work: This is a unionized position that works a 35 hour work week. The hours of work are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
- Benefits: The Town offers full-time staff a comprehensive benefit package with paid sick and vacation leave; Employee & Family Service Program; Health & Wellness Program, Town of Ajax Fitness Centre membership; plus a defined benefits pension (OMERS pension).
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please go to the Town of Ajax website at www.ajax.ca/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation you may require during the process.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.