Website Town of Caledon
Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, this role is responsible for reviewing of traffic impacts of secondary plans, draft plans and major development applications; providing project management services for environmental assessment (EA) studies; conducting and managing major transportation studies, including Parking studies and Transit Studies, engineering feasibility studies and traffic operational analysis including identification, evaluation and assessment of proposed transportation infrastructure improvements to support the expansion and improvements of Town’s road systems related to growth. As the Transportation Engineer, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Review the transportation-related studies provided for development applications such as Secondary Plans, Draft Plan of Subdivision, Site Plan Control, Zoning by-law Amendments, and Official Plan Amendments, to ensure compliance with corporate, provincial and industry standards and appropriate design criteria from a transportation planning perspective.
- Prepare, review, analyze and formulate comments for the transportation-related studies within development applications such as Transportation Impact Studies, Parking Studies, Site Plan Assessments, etc.
- Lead multi-disciplinary projects such as Environmental Assessments, Parking studies, Transit Studies by working closely with various internal staff and external parties such as the Town’s consultants and various stakeholders.
- Provide input into long-range strategic planning studies in accordance with the vision of the Town.
- Conduct and lead transportation studies, including preparation of needs and justification, feasibility studies, area network studies and traffic data/operational analyses/modeling. Plan and lead Public Consultation activities including information centres.
- Obtain input and requirements from other Town departments for the successful delivery of the assigned transportation projects.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering or Applied Science from an accredited university or suitable equivalent. We are looking for a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO). Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience (inclusive of the Engineering Intern Training experience) in various aspects of transportation planning, road infrastructure, road infrastructure, with demonstrated commitment to quality and process as well as complex project experience.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of traffic and transportation engineering and design principles and applications and progressive experience in planning, design, and management of capital projects. We are seeking an individual with thorough knowledge of the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act and capital budgeting and comprehensive knowledge of transportation planning principles, concepts, practices, methods, and legislation, GTA context and roles of different levels of government. We are seeking someone with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills on technical and non-technical matters, and the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the Public, Staff, Members of Council, Consultants, and the Development Industry.
This position offers a salary range of $93,831.26 – $114,990.67 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
How To Apply
To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit: www.caledon.ca/careers
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caledon.ca.