2023 Elections for ITE Canada Executive Committee
ITE Canada is seeking candidates to serve on its Executive Committee. Open positions include District President, District Vice-President, and District Secretary-Treasurer for a two-year term from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2025.
Descriptions of the Executive Committee positions can be viewed and downloaded here.
Nominations are now closed.
The Nominations Committee will undertake a general call for nominations that may also include a direct invite to potential candidates. Eligibility for the elected position will be determined by the Committee through an assessment of the nominee’s suitability.
Please review the ITE Canada Nomination & Election Policy provided here.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates must send a letter to the Nominations Committee Chair via email, including their interest in the position, why they are suitable, and two signatures from ITE members in good standing.
ITE Canada will make space available on the corporation’s website to highlight candidate profiles.
Candidate profiles must include the following information:
- name of candidate that will be used on the election ballot
- a photo of the candidate
- a 400-word or less candidate statement
- optionally, links to social media profiles or personal website
Candidates for the District Executive Committee election shall abide by the following campaign rules:
- Any expenses incurred during the campaign are not eligible for reimbursement by ITE Canada.
- Communication from ITE Canada will be limited to the candidate information that is distributed with the ballots and published on the ITE Canada website and social media channels. There will be no separate mail-outs or individual email campaign notices to members.
- Any current Executive Committee member who is a candidate shall not take advantage of their position during the campaign.
Any breach of these rules may result in the Nominating and Elections Committee revoking the nomination of that individual for office.